Book a pharmacy service
Search for a branch using your postcode and click a pharmacy on the map to book a service
Why get a flu jab?
The flu vaccine is the most effective way of preventing seasonal flu, therefore reducing your chance of needing to access other NHS services this winter. Flu is a contagious viral disease that can spread by coughing, sneezing, or touching contaminated surfaces or people. The impact of COVID-19 has been visible to all of us and we may be faced with the combined risk of COVID-19 and flu this coming winter. Therefore stay healthy and protect your friends, family, and work colleagues by getting vaccinated. One of our fully trained pharmacists will carry out a consultation to ensure that the flu jab is safe and appropriate for you.
Free NHS flu jabs
Flu can be serious in some patient groups*and can lead to further complications. You may be eligible for a free NHS flu vaccine if you are over 18 and meet any of the following criteria:
- Are over 50
- Are pregnant
- Have diabetes or asthma
- Have lung, heart, kidney or liver disease
- Have a weakened immune system (or live with someone who has)
- Are in a long-stay residential care home
- Are a Carer (you may be receiving Carers allowance, or be the main carer for someone elderly or disabled, or a frontline health and social care worker)
Our pharmacists will check your eligibility for the free flu vaccination during your consultation.
Private flu jab
Your local Avicenna Pharmacy also offers a Private flu vaccination service which is competitively priced at £13. You will be able to protect yourself and your loved ones with the private flu jab services if you do not qualify for the free NHS flu jab services. Please ask your local pharmacy for more details.
*Eligibility and criteria for free flu vaccination is in line with NHS Flu Service Specification.
Please note the service will re-commence in September 2021.
In line with the latest Government guidance, our branches are taking all necessary measures to ensure patient and colleague safety is maintained when providing Pharmacy services. This is and will remain to be our top priority.
All colleagues continue to practice high level of infection prevention and control measures, and we actively encourage all customers to do the same. Face masks are available in each pharmacy for customers who do not have a face covering readily available.
In each pharmacy we:
- Continue to encourage social distancing and ensure customers remain at a safe distance
- Provide colleagues with personal protective equipment when providing pharmacy services to ensure both colleague and customer safety.
- Keep hand sanitiser readily available for both customer and colleague use.
- Keep Perspex screens at our pharmacy counters.
We are fully aware that customers may need to change their appointment should they be required to Self-Isolate due to COVID-19. Should you need to reschedule your vaccination appointment please do so by using our Manage My Meds App or www.avicennapharmacy.org or contact your designated Avicenna pharmacy directly.
It is important you refrain from visiting the pharmacy if you are experiencing any of the following:
- You or anyone in your household have a high temperature, new continuous cough, or loss or change in sense of taste or smell
- You’ve had recent, close contact with anyone who is now self-isolating as a result of possible or confirmed COVID-19 and you’ve not received 2 full doses of COVID-19 vaccination as yet.
- You’re a frontline worker, who’s been exposed to COVID-19 without wearing adequate PPE